1000reps/day: Strategies to increase amounts of practice in rehab (ONLINE)
February 28, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - March 21, 2022 @ 10:00 pm |
This workshop will run as two sessions x four hours each on 28th Feb & 21st March 2022 starting at 6pm Sydney time.
The workshop outlines the evidence for increased practice in rehabilitation and practical strategies to increase amounts of practice
Target audience – health professionals working in an inpatient, outpatient or community rehabilitation setting.
Workshop format – this workshop will run across two x four hour sessions. Participants will prepare work before each session. The workshop will be run on Zoom from 6pm till 10pm Sydney, Australia time. This is a time that should suit European and UK therapists.
Presenters – Dr Simone Dorsch and Dr Kate Scrivener
Cost: $225.19 (incl GST and Eventbrite admin fee)
At the completion of this course you should be able to:
• Outline the evidence for a dose-response relationship between amount of practice and outcomes
• Describe strategies to increase patient motivation and empowerment
• Describe effective instructions and feedback during practice
• Describe strategies to set up the environment for safe and effective semi-supervised practice
• Describe strategies to increase attendance and participation in classes
• Outline the evidence for and describe strategies to increase carer involvement in practice
• Outline the evidence for increasing adherence to independent exercise programmes
• Discuss and implement strategies to increase intensity of practice in your workplace
For more information about this workshop go to www.StrokeEd.com