The workshop uses lectures, practical sessions and video case studies to provide clinicians with evidence-based training strategies for effective balance training with people of differing levels of disability, including older adults with falls risk, stroke survivors and people with TBI
Presenters: Simone Dorsch & Karl Schurr
Cost: $255.19 including GST and Eventbrite admin fee
Target Audience: Physiotherapists, exercise physiologists and occupational therapists working with people in inpatient settings or in the community who have balance impairments.
At the completion of the workshop participants should be able to:
1. Define balance, postural adjustments, kinematics, kinetics, task specificity.
2. Discuss research about the characteristics of postural adjustments i.e. timing, task specificity.
3. Describe changes that occur to postural adjustments with aging and neuropathology.
4. Describe the assessment and analysis of balance impairment.
5. Describe the risk factors and circumstances of falls.
6. Discuss the evidence for exercise interventions to improve balance and reduce falls.
7. Describe how to set up effective balance training for people with impaired balance.
For more information about this workshop, go to www.StrokeEd.com
To register via Eventbrite, go to: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/balance-workshop-on-zoom-tickets-302454979987