Evidence-based lower limb retraining – Retraining lower limb skills following stroke and brain injury – a 3-day workshop.
Target audience – The workshop will be of interest to physiotherapists from hospital and community based settings, as well as occupational therapists, who teach adults following stroke and acquired brain impairment, as well as university lecturers. The workshop focuses on retraining of limb skills. No pre-requisites.
Presenters – Dr Kate Scrivener (Physiotherapist) & Karl Schurr (Physiotherapist)
- Internal Central Coast LHD employees (n=10): $862.39 ($750 + Service fee + 10% GST)
- External therapists (n=14): $977.23 ($850 + service fee + 10% GST)
Learning Outcomes: At the completion of this course you should be able to:
- Describe what it means to be an evidence-based clinician
- Apply that knowledge to the rehabilitation of people following stroke or traumatic brain injury
- Understand the biomechanics of sitting and standing balance, standing-up, and sitting-down and walking
- Analyse movement problems and skills involving the lower limbs, taking into account neural, biomechanical, musculoskeletal and environmental factors
- Distinguish between compensations and missing essential components
- Plan and implement appropriate training strategies for the identified movement problems.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of chosen training strategies
- Modify training strategies in response to changes in the learner’s performance
- Critically evaluate and modify teaching skills to optimise practise and training
About the presenters:
Dr. Kate Scrivener– Kate is a physiotherapy educator, clinician and researcher. She has more than 15 years’ experience in stroke, brain injury and aged care rehabilitation. Kate is a lecturer at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia and also works part-time in private practice.
Karl Schurr – Karl is a physiotherapy clinician, researcher and educator. He has over 30+ years’ experience in stroke, brain injury and aged care rehabilitation in Australia and the UK.
Contact for enquiries: Karl Schurr – firstname.lastname@example.org
Register here: https://events.humanitix.com/lower-limb-retraining-5noj9p0u