Presenters: Dr Simone Dorsch (physiotherapist), Karl Schurr (physiotherapist) and Dr Annie McCluskey (occupational therapist).
This workshop will be presented via Zoom across TWO separate days, one week apart, allowing therapists time to practice their skills between the two events. The workshop has been planned to suit Australian/NZ therapists and those in Asia (afternoon/ evening) and UK/European therapists (morning).
Registrants must attend Part 1 AND Part 2; the same therapist should attend both events.
Target audience includes occupational therapist, physiotherapists, allied health assistants, rehabilitation nurses and exercise physiologists.
Overview: This workshop will summarise research about instructions, demonstration, goals, feedback and motivation. Video examples will include stroke survivors , older adults, people with intellectual disability and other cognitive impairments.
Learning objectives: By the end of the workshop, learners will be able to:
• Discriminate between instructions, cues, goals and feedback
• Use goal-oriented instructions to encourage and motivate learners
• Provide critical and timely verbal feedback
• Motivate people who have difficulty concentrating or dislike exercise
• Adapt the environment and coaching strategies to enable high repetitions
• Provide and receive peer review about coaching skills
• Reflect on and improve their individual coaching skills
LINK: Find out more about our Coaching Workshops
Download: Flier coaching workshop ONLINE 16 & 24 Mar 2021