Presenters: Karl Schurr (physiotherapist) and Dr Annie McCluskey (occupational therapist).
Cost: $255.19 (includes 10% GST and Eventbrite Admin fee)
Target audience includes occupational therapist, physiotherapists, allied health assistants, rehabilitation nurses and exercise physiologists.
Overview: This workshop will summarise research about instructions, demonstration, goals, feedback and motivation. Video examples will include stroke survivors , older adults, people with intellectual disability and other cognitive impairments.
Learning objectives: By the end of the workshop, learners will be able to:
• Discriminate between instructions, cues, goals and feedback
• Use goal-oriented instructions to encourage and motivate learners
• Provide critical and timely verbal feedback
• Motivate people who have difficulty concentrating or dislike exercise
• Adapt the environment and coaching strategies to enable high repetitions
• Provide and receive peer review about coaching skills
• Reflect on and improve their individual coaching skills