This workshop provides information and evidence about optimal coaching, and opportunities to appraise and practice your coaching skills.
Presenters: Karl Schurr (physiotherapist) and Dr Annie McCluskey (occupational therapist).
Location: Advance Rehab Centre, 5 George Place, Artarmon, Sydney NSW 2064
Date and time: Sunday 27th August 2023, 8.30AM-4.30PM
Cost: $265 + $12.65 booking fee + 10% GST = $305.42
[Registrants including employers who are unable to pay by credit card can request an invoice on the Humanitix platform at time of ticket payment (and must pay within 7 days via the StrokeEd bank account or the booking will be cancelled). Non-Australians can request an invoice excl Australian GST and also pay StrokeEd via direct bank payment, but need to request a separate invoice by emailing us at: email@example.com]
Target audience: includes occupational therapist, physiotherapists, allied health assistants, rehabilitation nurses and exercise physiologists. Students and researchers are welcome.
Overview: This workshop will summarise research about instructions, demonstration, goals, feedback and motivation. Video examples will include stroke survivors , older adults, people with intellectual disability and other cognitive impairments. Pre-reading will be provided. This workshop involves practical activities but no clinical sessions with patients.
Learning objectives: By the end of the workshop, learners will be able to:
• Discriminate between instructions, cues, goals and feedback
• Use goal-oriented instructions to encourage and motivate learners
• Provide critical and timely verbal feedback
• Motivate people who have difficulty concentrating or dislike exercise
• Adapt the environment and coaching strategies to enable high repetitions
• Provide and receive peer review about coaching skills
• Reflect on and improve their individual coaching skills